BEYOND EXECUTIVE

I inflame, motivate, and manipulate you - the mob; the herd. I escalate tension as my opportunity for self-promotion. My act is performance art. Twitter is my limelight, my open mic, my stage, my rules.
I negate Doctor King’s quiet efforts toward racial equality and mutual cultural tolerance through nonviolent, systemic change. I repudiate his weak humility and civility. I scoff at his reason and compassion. With extreme prejudice, I reject his message of virtue, ethics, and pacifist way to peace.
My empire is not America - it's my enterprise. I thrive on brand recognition, superstar status, world fame, and my Teleprompter. Like Adolph and Benito, I gain power through persuasiveness, an open mic, and diatribe.
You, my loyal subjects, transform peaceful assembly into civil unrest. My vanity compels me to build your tension. My performance convinces you that violence is the exercise of your right to survive. My xenophobia drives the baser passions of your mob rampage. My performance inspires you to express your applause and appreciation as rage, hate, and destruction. My charisma exhorts your anarchy, rioting, and looting. My power steers you to social disorder, where only I may impose social order.
Democrats say my loudest voice expresses my deepest insecurities – my psychotic fears of disapproval, rejection, irrelevance, and abandonment. They say “Make America Great Again" has always been metaphor for "Make Me Great Again." Metaphor for my selfish wants, my childhood tantrums extending into adulthood, and my desperate cry for the spotlight. I say, "Hogwash!"
You've given me the bully pulpit and influence I've demanded all my life. You’ve given me the attention I crave. Devoted minions: as I lead us away from liberty and justice for all, I take full credit for creating The New Monarchy.
—Your King 2020

(By Will Walsh)