THE GEODE

I gently cradle a small geode in my hand.

Sparkling translucent crystals scintillate and glitter within their smooth, protective shell. This geode seems to radiate a restful, mystical beauty.

I ponder its evolution through untold eons.

Slowly closing my eyes, I drift. . .

. . .and gradually awaken. . . among massive, overhanging projections and smooth, angular surfaces reaching beyond time. Prismatic peaks tower above. Miniscule grottoes languish in remote depths. Crystalline formations extend upward and outward into vast spaces.

Slowly and carefully I traverse an astonishing forest of monolithic and infinitesimal blocks, angles, and edges. I explore translucent structures which radiate power, strength and symmetry.

Clustered facets endlessly echo brilliant shafts of coherent light. Subtle, expanding rays of quiet color intersect with beams of blinding energy. All is illuminated with an opalescent, luminous radiance.

I rest, contemplating the beauty and perfection of this new universe. 
My eyes close again. . .

. . .and I awaken from peaceful sleep. The geode is warm and safe in my hand.

I yearn to resume my magical, quiet journey. . .


Will Walsh